Committee on Minority, Gender Life-Skills Programs
Nancy KingCommittee Chair
Richard FranzaChair, PAOC
Daniel NiederjohnFaculty Athletics Representative
TBDFaculty Representative from the PAOC
Mark WarnerAt-large Faculty Representative
Erik MalewskiChief Diversity Officer
VacantRepresentative of Student-Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC)
Randy KennedyDirector, Student-Athlete Success Services (SASS)
Heath SenourAssociate Athletics Director of Compliance
Vaughn WilliamsDirector of Athletics
Nicole PhillipsDirector of Minority Student Retention Services
Jon PrestonFaculty Executive Assistant to the President
Kim WestAssociate Vice President for Enrollment Services
Katie EgloffAssociate Athletics Director for Events and Senior Woman Administrator
The purpose of the Committee on Minority, Gender and Life-Skills Programs (MGLS) is to review and assess the accessibility and effectiveness of the minority, gender, and student well-being programs provided for intercollegiate student-athletes at Kennesaw State University. The Committee is also charged with recommending policies relating to these areas full PAOC, and with advocating for appropriate investment in these areas.
The MGLS maintains oversight of the Athletics Department’s programs and policies relating to minority, gender equity, and life-skills issues. It regularly reports its findings to the Executive Committee of the PAOC, and, when appropriate, it makes recommendations for changes in policies or programs to the full PAOC. Together with the Athletics Department’s Director of Compliance and the university’s Chief Diversity Officer, the MGLS assists the Athletics Director with developing and implementing the NCAA-mandated five-year plan for improvement in the areas of minority and gender equity. Once the five-year plan is implemented, the MGLS maintains oversight of its execution on behalf of the PAOC and the President, and recommends changes as necessary.
Frequency of Meeting
The MGLS will meet at least once per semester.
- 1 Chair of the PAOC or his/her designee will chair the committee. (In case of absence, the committee chair may name a substitute from among the teaching faculty members of the PAOC. The substitute will hold a proxy vote but will not chair the meeting.)
- 1 Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR) to the NCAA - will chair the committee in the absence of the Chair of the PAOC. (In case of absence, may name a substitute from among the teaching faculty members of the PAOC. The substitute will hold a proxy vote but will not chair the meeting.)
- 1 Teaching Faculty, representative from the KSU PAOC, elected by the faculty members of that council. Will chair the committee in the absence of the Chair of the PAOC and FAR.
- 1 Teaching Faculty, selected at large by the KSU PAOC from among the full-time, tenured teaching faculty of the university.
- 1 Director EEO and Diversity Programs
- 1 Representative of the Student Athlete’s Advisory Council (SAAC.)
Ex-Officio Non-Voting Members
- 1 The Faculty Executive Assistant to the President.
- 1 Assistant Director of Minority Student Retention Services.
- 1 Senior Women’s Administrator.
- 1 NCAA Compliance Officer.
- 1 Athletics Administrator in charge of Life-skills program.
- 1 Director of Athletics.