Academic Support Committee
Randy Kennedy, ChairDirector, Student-Athlete Success Services (SASS)
Lynn StallingsChair, PAOC
Daniel NiederjohnFaculty Athletics Representative
Marina KoetherFaculty Representative from the PAOC
Patrick DevineFaculty Representative from the PAOC
Bob MattoxVice President for Student Affairs designee
Heath SenourAssociate AD of Compliance
The purpose of the Academic Support Committee (ASC) is maintain institutional control by reviewing policies and procedures and assessing the effectiveness of the academic support provided for intercollegiate student-athletes at Kennesaw State University. The Committee is also charged with advocating for investment in this area as well as recommending policies relating to academic support to the full PAOC as needed.
Frequency of Meetings
The ASC will meet at least once per semester.
- (1) Chair of the PAOC or his/her designee will chair the committee. (In case of absence, the committee chair may name a substitute from among the teaching faculty members of the Athletics Council. The substitute will hold a proxy vote but will not chair the meeting.)
- (1) Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR) to the NCAA - will chair the committee in the absence of the Chair of the PAOC. (In case of absence, may name a substitute from among the teaching faculty members of the PAOC. The substitute will hold a proxy vote but will not chair the meeting.)
- (2) Teaching Faculty representatives from the KSU PAOC, elected by the faculty members of that council.
- (1) Vice President of Student Affairs or designee
- (1) Director, Student Athlete Success Services
- (1) Associate Director of Compliance